Tuesday, 01 May 2012 09:48 | Author: Administrator
- Coordinating development of sector policies, programmes and strategies in the Vision 2030 Enablers sectors - Infrastructure ( air, roads, rail, water); Energy, Urban Development; Public Works; Science, Technology and Innovation; Information, Communication and Technology )
- Providing a linkage between the Ministry and the relevant Sector Ministries. This include Ministries responsible for Transport; Public Works; Roads; Housing; Nairobi Metropolitan Development; Local Government; Energy, and Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation
- Preparation and dissemination of policy briefs and database on sector policies and programmes for the enablers sectors as well as contributing towards improved public policy making and implementation by conducting/facilitating objective policy research and analysis
- Co-convening the MTEF Sector working groups for the enablers sectors (Physical Infrastructure and Research, Science, Technology and Innovation)
- Providing guidance and monitoring implementation of service delivery innovations in the Ministry’s and Directorates/Units Performance Contracts
- Developing, maintaining and disseminating a database on key innovations and technological developments in Vision 2030 Priority sectors.
- Provision of technical guidance and inputs to the parent Ministry, line ministries, institutions, committees, task forces and fora on enablers sectors
- Developing, maintaining and disseminating a database of relevant researches and policy documents for policy formulation and planning.
- Identifying and mapping out key partners in promoting STI locally, regionally and internationally e.g. National Council for Science and Technology, Universities, Private sector, Research and Development Institutions, NEPAD, KIPPRA, IPAR, IEA, Development Partners including the UN agencies and develop a collaborating mechanism.
- Enhancing Science, Technology and Innovation awareness in the Ministry
In addition to the above the Directorate undertakes any additional tasks as assigned by the Hon. Minister, Hon. Assistant Minister, the Permanent Secretary and the Economic Planning Secretary.